Thursday, March 15, 2007

Whats up in Ellie's World

Sorry there hasnt been an update in a while. I have some cute pics I took this weekend but alas I have been a bit lazy with the uploading. Give me till this weekend

So Ellie's heat is coming along. At first we made her wear her little diaper anytime she wasnt going outside or in her kennel but now we have started to let her run around more and more without it. She isnt making a mess and she is much happier without it on so as long as it continues this way she will remain diaperless for now.

This past weekend we went on an adventure to Hoboken to see my friend Dennis' new apartment. Ellie slept for most of the car ride but the few times she popped her head up I saw people in the other cars looking and talking about her. When we were walking the streets of Hoboken she made quite a site in her Puppia and diaper. I think she was a bit overwhelmed by the big city as she zoomed all over the place sniffing and looking at things. When she was in Dennis' apartment she was a lot calmer. She was well behaved and at one point fell asleep on my lap as the humans chatted. Since she is in heat this will probably be one of her few trips out for now since I dont want to risk anything with her condition as of now

Yesterday we went to our second puppy class. This time there was a Mastiff puppy in our class. You should have seen the size of that pup and it was only 4 months old!! It was the size of a full grown Golden Retreiver and it wasnt even done growing! My husband loves Mastiffs but I am almost 100% sure we will never ever get one if thats how big they are as pups!! Ellie did much better this time in class. The lil Beagle in the class named Gigi seemed fasinated by her and kept coming up to her. Ellie let her come up to her and sniff her and she didnt even care when Gigi was busy sniffing her and Ellie was busy looking for food. When the instructor let them have free play meaning off the leash she ran around a little and didnt mind the other doggies coming around her so I was happy. She even went nose to nose with the Mastiff a few times. The 2 Shih Tzu's in the class were the most scared this time having to be held most of the time which makes me feel Ellie is definetly making progress. Ellie is so treat oriented that she kept trying to follow the instructor around because she knew she was the one with the treats. Several times during free play Ellie ran over to her desk sniffing around for more treats. When it was time to practice sit which Ellie already knows she was right at the front of the class showing off so she could get more treats. Such a lil pig you would think we dont give her any at home but we do! When we got home I was outside with her when a neighbor with a huge bouncy Bermese Mountain Dog came by. Ellie barked a little and ran behind me but then after a few seconds she ran right up to the Bermese and they touched noses. I was so proud of her. I think this class is doing wonders for her fear issues and Im sure at the end of this class she will definetly be less fearful. Yay!

No comments: