Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Blame it on the rain

Ellie and Aidan HATE the rain. Its been raining off and on since Friday and they have been 2 very unhappy campers. When we first go outside they are reluctant to walk on the grass because its wet and they dont like to get their paws wet it seems. When its raining outside they take one look and try to high tail it back inside. The other day I managed to get Aidan out onto the wet grass (the horrors!) to do his business. He proceeds to squat and then looks up at her and starts to cry, literally cry, as he does his business in the rain. My neighbor was outside smoking and saw the whole thing and started to laugh as he watches me trying to coax Aidan to finish up so we can go inside while he is crying at the top of his lungs because raindrops are hitting him. I didn't know whether to be embarassed or to laugh at the scene. Ellie is even more reluctant and will hold her poop for hours waiting for the rain to stop as she won't go when its raining. Needless to say we have had 2 accidents because she couldn't out hold past the rain. This morning was the last straw I think for them. I took Aidan out and he stuck his face outside and a rain drop hit him and he promptly turned around and peed right on our porch! I had to get a bukcet of water later to rinse it off. But yeah Mommy has 2 prima donnas it seems when it comes to rain.

I have started to take an umbrella out with us in hopes that I can shield them a bit but its so hard as they walk so far ahead of me searching for a dry spot that I can only cover them when they actually stop to do something and they rarely ever do so I guess I am fighting a losing battle.

Some lovely friends suggested rain coats to help them stay dry and Mommy loves that idea because even if they don't do a thing its a good excuse to buy the pups some more things and who doesn't love cute little slickers?

Off to search Ebay now!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How familiar this tune is in our home as well!

Cicero has been holding his poops for the rain to stop as well... luckily I can at least get him to pee!

carol said...

Jake hates to go out in the rain, yet he loves to play in left over mud puddles! Now this is the worst combination I can think of for a very heavy coated Cavalier.

It rains most of the time for half of our year or more. I am threatening to put a large tarp or roof over an area of our yard this winter. There must be an answer to this "little problem," but it eludes me....